Terms and Conditions
The Image Mill
Terms and Conditions of Business
Thank you for your interest in the Image Mill, the following terms and conditions are set out to help you understand how we conduct our business and should you agree to employ our services, they will serve towards the contract to safeguard the interests of both The Image Mill (We) and the client. No variation or modification of these terms shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing.
- Booking – to secure the time and services of the Image Mill booking fees are required as follow:
- Creative sessions – a non refundable fee, which is offset from the full session price. The balance of any session must be paid at least 7 (seven) days before the session is due to take place;
- Charity/competition/voucher sessions – a refundable fee, on condition of attendance at the agreed session and viewing and in adherence of the cancellation policy;
- Events – fees will vary depending on the type of event and will be agreed and documented at the time the booking is made;
- Commercial – fees will vary depending on the type and duration of work and will be agreed and documented at the time the booking is made.
- Cancellation/No Show policy
- Creative/charity/competition/voucher sessions – on condition that 72 hours notice is given, we will be happy to reschedule appointments, without incurring a further booking fee;
- If we do not get this notice, or a client does not attend a session/viewing it is our usual business practice to not refund;
- We reserve the right to charge an additional booking fee if a client has not adhered to the notice period and wishes to arrange any further sessions/viewings.
- Deposits agreed for events and commercial work are deemed to be non-refundable. Should the cancellation be given a significant time before the event takes place the Image Mill will consider refunding all or part of the deposit. Should the cancellation be within 4 weeks of the event or commercial work date no refund will be made. If a new date for the event/work can be agreed the Image Mill will carry over the original deposit for the new date.
- Rescheduling appointments – on the rare occasion that we need to change a booking the following will apply:
- Creative/charity/competition/vouchers sessions/viewings – we will ensure that a future appointment is set which is suitable to the client or that an alternative photographer undertakes the work. If it is not possible to reschedule, the client can request a refund of any fees paid;
- Events – we will work with our client to secure an alternative photographer to undertake the work. If it is not possible to secure an alternative photographer, the client can request a refund of any fees paid;
- Commercial – we will ensure that a future appointment is set which is suitable to the client or that an alternative photographer undertakes the work. If it is not possible to reschedule, or to secure an alternative photographer, the client can request a refund of any fees paid;
- Payment – we accept all major debit/credit cards. Transactions are securely processed through either Square, Pay Pal or World Pay systems. The Image Mill does not retain any card details. Receipt of payments will be sent by text or email. If any refunds are required these will be processed back to the original card used.
- Details of service – full details of the service you have booked with us will be outlined in confirmation letters/emails. Any questions or queries must be raised on receipt of the confirmation, as it may not be possible to change details at a later date. If there is a non compliance issue at an appointment or event the Image Mill reserve the right to cancel or withdraw. (Examples of non compliance would be: unsuitable location or facilities for studio set up; unsafe locations/electrics; unsociable/abusive behaviour from client or guests; incorrect generations for portraits; requests for images which may damage our branding; late arrival for appointments; late starts/endings for events.)
- Our Guarantee – the Image Mill want you to be delighted with your portraits (not just satisfied) if you aren’t, then we have not done our job properly. If you can honestly say that you are not delighted with your portraits, we will do whatever we need to do to ensure that you are, such as arranging a further creative photographic session for you at no charge. If we still haven’t delighted you, we will refund any photographic fees or deposits paid.
- Viewings & Purchases – a selection of images from a session/event will be chosen by the Image Mill and at our discretion will be cropped, colour balanced, retouched to ensure a professional standard. In preparation for viewings clients will be issued with a price list at their photographic session when their viewing session is arranged. Due to the custom nature of our work, payments must be made in full at the time of order and are subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you wish to cancel an order after it has been place, but before production. Once an order is sent to production it is deemed non refundable. Changes to orders may also incur an administration fee.
- Collection/postage – once orders are ready for collection the we will contact a client to discuss the best way to dispatch the orders – collection, delivery by Image Mill or postage where appropriate. Where possible we will ask clients to inspect their orders and sign to say they are satisfied with the products. If orders are posted or sent by courier, the client must contact the Image Mill immediately if the products are damaged or incorrect. For print orders under £100 in value a postage & packing charge will apply.
- Images/Retouching – retouching, digital manipulation and artistic finishing is available to clients as an optional extra. All image sizes are nominal. The Image Mill will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and material especially manmade fibres. It is sometimes impossible to reproduce the exact colour as seen by the human eye.
- Returns – as all our products are bespoke we cannot accept returns, unless they are incorrect or faulty, in which case we will replace them.
- Copyright – all images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any means an image created as part of your session with the Image Mill unless we give you permission in writing.
- Display – The Image Mill retains the right to display any photographs taken at sessions/events/commercially – in a studio, portfolio, literature, display areas, website, social media pages, exhibitions, competitions, advertising or slide shows. Unless the client has specifically asked that this does not happen for privacy, commercially sensitive or other legal reasons.
- Complaints – we certainly hope clients will not have the need to complain about our services or products, however if concerns arise these must be raised within 7 days of the session/event/viewing/receipt of images. Concerns must be raised with an Image Mill staff member, who will work with a client to resolve any issue in line with our Guarantee. The Image Mill reserve the right to dismiss any complaints raised outside this time period unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Competitions/special offers/vouchers – these may be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be clearly stated at the time of launch/issue:
- Vouchers will clearly display a lifespan and cannot be used beyond the expiry date. They do not have any monetary value. It may be possible to change the service offered with the voucher, but will need to be agreed with The Image Mill at the time of booking;
- For charity promotions, the payment to the charity will be additional to any booking fees;
- Winners of Awards will be publicised. Details can also be requested by emailing The Image Mill.
- Contact details
- Phone: 01274 – 482032
- Email: [email protected]
Terms & Conditions as at June 2018